Perhaps the grossest insect you can encounter in your home is the cockroach. They multiply quickly and are hard to get rid of once they are inside. To make matters worse, they can spread illness and diseases and infect our household ingredients that result to bad meals.
Eliminating cockroaches can be pretty hard, so most people call for pest control services to get rid of them. But why waste a fortune spending on those services when you can do it yourself with the same efficiency. You can start maintaining your house clean to drive them away as these pesky insects are naturally drawn to dirty and moist areas. Next thing you can do is to seal tiny gaps and holes around the kitchen area especially around your tub, sink, as well as the wholes house.
There are also natural combinations you can use to eliminate these nasty cockroaches. It’s very easy to prepare and economical. You won’t even feel the cost of these ingredients and they are always available in your kitchen.
Here are a few natural combinations you can try to get rid of cockroaches once and for all:
1. Baking Soda and SugarSimply blend a cup of sugar and a cup of baking soda, and spray the mixture all over your house. The bugs will be attracted by the sugar and consume the mixture, but they will quickly die afterward.
2. Boric Acid Powder and OnionPrepare a paste using a couple of chopped onions, a chunk of water or beer, 3-4 tablespoons of boric acid powder, some sugar and 1/2 a cup of flour. Mix the ingredients well and place the homogenous mixture in the room or area of the house where cockroach activity is most noticeable.
3. Bay LeavesSimply chop up some bay leaves and place them in the areas most visited by cockroaches.
4. CatmintThis one is very simple – just place catmint all over your house, and this will send the cockroaches running away.
5. BoraxJust spray some Borax around your house and this will dehydrate and ruin the shells of the cockroaches, causing them to die out.