Do you feel uncomfortable wearing a sleeveless top because of dark underarms?? Deodorants, proper ventilation, shaving, hormonal imbalance, excessive sweating, accumulation of dead skin and sun exposure are some of the reasons behind dark underarms. Luckily, there is no need for you to suffer from dark underarms any longer.
The market is filled with commercial lightening lotions and gels that promise great results but make sure you won’t fall prey on this empty promises. Most commercial beauty products have chemicals that may do more harm than good when removing dark pigmentations in your underarms. There’s an alternative way to put an end to your problem for good, and it is by going natural. Home remedies are safer and even more effective than commercial products out there in the market because almost all uses those common home ingredients as their main whitening compound in their products.
Is Baking Soda Effective For Dark Underarms?
Baking soda is one of the multipurpose products available in our house. It is a combination of sodium and pH neutralizer.
Here are several properties on how baking soda can help to reduce dark discoloration under arms.
1. It removes damaged skin cells, exfoliates dead skin, and promotes the production of new cells.
2. It reduces the production of melamine ( the reason behind the discoloration of the skin) because of its natural skin lightening properties and provides whiter and shinier finish.
3. It has an amazing characteristic of unclogging the pores and absorbing excess oil.
4. It acts as a natural deodorant and helps prevent bad body odor.
5. The pH contained in it neutralizes the alkaline nature of the skin.
And that’s the reason why baking soda can reduce dark discoloration underarms without breaking the bank.
This is how to finally end your problem with dark underarms.
1. Maida or All Purpose Flour or Refined Flour (2 tsp)
2. Baking Soda (1 tsp)
3. Lemon Juice (1 tsp)
4. Honey (1 tsp)
5. Rose Water (you can use common tap water if rosewater is not available)
Here’s How to Prepare the Baking Soda with Honey and Rosewater Mixture:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until you make a paste.
2. Apply this paste on underarms.
3. Let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
5. Repeat daily.